Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Inspiration

Back in November I had the opportunity to be apart of career day at Rio Del Valle Middle School. I was asked to come speak to the kids. Well I spoke a little bit but these kids wanted to hear guitar more than they wanted to hear me talk. So I played for 6 different groups of about 30 kids and I played 3-4 songs for each group. It was a very fun day. Seeing these kids faces light up was such a great feeling. It feels good when I can give back to the community that shaped my life. I'll never forget my roots. The best part about career day happened last week. I received an envelope in the mail filled with letters from the kids. The impact I had on these children was unreal. It makes the music so much more important to everyone. Not just me. The music never stops with me because that's what I do and I love. Thank you all so much for being apart of my life's journey. May your day go in peace.

One love

Abel Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment